worldsnews.biz

world is news

MCX Bulldex sees document single-day turnover of Rs 652 cr on Nov 9

Spread the news


New Delhi: Leading commodity bourse MCX on Tuesday stated its bullion index MCX Bulldex recorded the best single-day turnover of Rs 652 crore on November 9 for the primary time since its launch. The real-time bullion index, launched on August 24, has gold and silver as underlying, with gold having a weightage of 70.52 per cent and silver accounting for the remaining 29.48 per cent.

“Monday evening saw global macros create a sectoral movement in precious metals. MCX BULLDEX captured this volatility across gold and silver effectively, thereby providing market participants a hedge against risk across gold as well as silver positions,” MCX Head Bullion Shivanshu Mehta stated in an announcement.

Significant common every day turnover was seen in underlying bullion futures in addition to choices, thereby reflecting on the complimentary of the MCX bullion product portfolio, he stated.

The MCX Bulldex recorded the best single-day turnover of Rs 652 crore on November 9, he added.

Last month, it had clocked a document complete turnover of Rs 6,139.73 crore.

MCX presents each futures and choices buying and selling and has a big presence in metals and bullion.




Spread the news