!1 New UpdateClick right here for contemporary updates
Earthquake in Assam
An earthquake with a magnitude of three.7 on the Richter Scale, hit Karbi Anglong, Assam at 3:23 am right this moment: National Centre for Seismology (NCS)
PM Modi broadcasts USD 1 million help to Covid-19 ASEAN Response Fund
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday introduced a contribution of USD 1 million to the COVID-19 ASEAN Response Fund on the 17th ASEAN-India Summit, which was held nearly.
- In his handle to leaders from the 10 ASEAN nations, PM Modi additionally highlighted India’s response and broader help to the worldwide neighborhood and welcomed the affiliation’s initiatives to combat the pandemic.
PM Modi greets Aung San Suu Kyi on Myanmar election victory
Congratulations to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi & NLD for victory within the elections. The profitable conduct of polls is anot… https://t.co/imf17SVGVy
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1605199929000
Trump indicators order banning Americans from investing in firms that help Chinese army
- US President Donald Trump on Thursday signed an govt order that can prohibit American buyers from investing in Chinese firms that help China’s army, a transfer that may escalate heightened tensions between the 2 nations.
- National Security Advisor Robert C O’Brien in an official assertion stated that order is to “protect American investors from unintentionally providing capital” to boost the intelligence companies of the Chinese authorities and People’s Liberation Army (PLA).
- The order goes into impact from January 11.
Low, center revenue nations’ entry to Covid-19 vaccine essential for financial restoration: WHO
- “As global public goods, COVID vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics must be available on the basis of equitable and affordable access for all, especially for health workers, the elderly and other at risk groups,” Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated at a panel on COVID-19 vaccines on the Paris Peace Forum.
- “In our interconnected world if people in low- and middle-income countries miss out on vaccines, the virus will continue spreading and the economic recovery globally will be delayed. Equitable access is in the national interest of each and every country. Vaccine nationalism will prolong the pandemic, not shorten it; making vaccine work requires a broad collaboration, not just across sectors, but across partners. No country can address these challenges alone,” Tedros added.
Jharkhand permits bursting of firecrackers for two hours on Diwali
- People of Jharkhand can burst firecrackers for 2 hours between eight pm and 10 pm on the day of Diwali, the state’s air pollution management physique stated in an order on Thursday.
- In the city areas of a number of districts together with Ranchi the place the air pollution degree is reasonable, solely inexperienced crackers will probably be allowed, as per the November 9 ruling of the National Green Tribunal.