* Spot gold was up 0.1 per cent to $1,888.91 per ounce by 0042 GMT.
* U.S. gold futures have been up 0.1 per cent at $1,888.30.
* The greenback index was down 0.1 per cent , whereas Asia’s inventory markets opened increased on vaccine optimism.
* U.S. President-elect Joe Biden’s high advisers known as for pressing motion to handle the nation’s “deeply alarming” COVID-19 disaster on Sunday, whereas the variety of an infection instances within the United States crossed the 11-million mark.
* U.S. shopper sentiment fell unexpectedly in early November as households apprehensive about their funds, the resurgent pandemic and the depleted fiscal stimulus, dimming the economic system’s outlook.
* President Donald Trump on Sunday briefly acknowledged shedding the U.S. election in a morning Twitter put up however then backtracked, saying he concedes “nothing,” and vowing to maintain up a courtroom struggle that election-law specialists say is unlikely to succeed.
* Japan’s economic system grew an annualised 21.four per cent within the third quarter, information confirmed on Monday, rebounding sharply from a report postwar droop.
* Holdings in SPDR Gold Trust , the world’s largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, fell 0.42 per cent to 1,234.32 tonnes on Friday.
* Consumers flocked to jewelry retailers once more in India final week to snap up Diwali and Dhanteras pageant offers, with a retreat in costs additionally including to the flicker on this planet’s second largest bullion shopper.
* Silver rose 0.2 per cent to $24.68 per ounce. Platinum was up 0.three per cent at $891.46, whereas palladium gained 0.four per cent to $2,333.01.
0200 China Urban Investment (YTD) YY Oct
0200 China Industrial Output YY Oct
0200 China Retail Sales YY Oct
1100 EU Reserve Assets Total Oct
Key banking/govt official to talk on the 23rd Euro Finance
Week convention in Frankfurt